Advance Care Planning/Hospital Policy Quiz
Are clinicians in your setting confused about …
- How and when to activate and de-activate a Power of Attorney for Health Care (Durable Power of Attorney)?
- Their responsibilities and protections in following wishes expressed in an Advance Care Planning document?
- Know if your state has a surrogacy law for determining surrogate decision makers?
- The rules regarding out of hospital DNR orders in your state?
- If your state or hospital has a futility policy and how to use it?
To reduce confusion, PCNOW has developed a 10 item-quiz that can be used in all 50 states to a) assess clinician knowledge of relevant state laws and hospital policies and b) serve as a springboard for educating clinicians.
Using the quiz:
- Test your own knowledge
- Include as part of the clinician credentialing and re-credentialing process
- New orientation for all new clinician hires
- Use as part of a clinician training session on advance care planning/medical ethics
Read more about how to use the quiz as part of a dedicated Advocacy initiative to reduce clinician confusion and improve care.