Fast Facts and PCNOW are pleased to offer CME courses suitable for generalist or specialists in palliative care or other clinicians who want to improve their palliative care knowledge. Each course contains 10 Fast Facts followed by a 10 question quiz. CME credits are provided by the Medical College of Wisconsin. Two courses qualify for the new Wisconsin CME Opioid Training requirement (physicians and APRNs). A one-time fee of $52.50 covers all eight courses/8.0 CME (4 NEW CME’s added July 2018!)
How do I get started?
- Register and pay the CME fee
- Read or download the Fast Fact
- Complete the 10 question quiz
- Achieve a 70% passing grade
- Receive your CME Certificate
Note: New users to MCW will need to first register on the MCW Continuing Education Site. Questions? email Rose Hackbarth at: email@example.com
Fast Fact Course Topics
- Interventional Strategies for Seriously Ill Patients (1 CME credit)
- Adverse Effects of Opioids (1 CME Credit)
- Care Strategies for Identifying and Managing Aberrant Behaviors with Opioids (1 CME Credit) **
- Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing (1 CME Credit) **
- Clinician Burnout and Resiliency (1 CME Credit)
- Prognosis in Non-Cancer Illnesses (1 CME Credit)
- Symptom Management When Death is Imminent (1 CME Credit)
- Non-Opiod Adjuvant Analgesics (1 CME Credit)
** these courses meet Wisconsin requirements for required CME for safe opioid prescribing medical education
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number 150930.