Four national palliative care externship sites have been selected as part of the newly created Palliative Care APRN Externship. These locations and faculty are listed below, and all expect to begin offering courses in 2018. The Medical University of South Carolina will serve as the clinical leadership site.
The Palliative Care APRN Externship is a week-long mentored immersion course for APRNs, and is intended to provide primary palliative care education to APRNs from any setting. These sites were selected based on maturity, depth, collaborative partnership, and commitment to palliative advanced practice nursing education.
• Duke University Hospital and Health System Palliative Care (Durham, NC) Jennifer Gentry, MSN, ANP-BC, ACHPN, FPCN Elizabeth Zechinati, MSN, AGNP-C, ACHPN
• Johns Hopkins Hospital Palliative Care Service (Baltimore, MD) Michelle Churchill, MSN, ANP-BC, ACHPN Catherine Saiki, MSN, AGNP-C, ACHPN
• MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care (New York, NY) Colleen Fleming-Damon, PhD(c), ANP-BC, ACHPN, FT Elsbet Servay, MSN, FNP-BC, ACHPN
• University of Minnesota Palliative Care Service (Minneapolis, MN) Lyn Ceronsky, DNP, MSN, GNP-BC, CHPCA, FPCN Michael Finch, MSN, ANP-BC, ACHPN
• Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) – Clinical Leadership Site Patrick Coyne, MSN, ACNS-BC, FPCN, FAAN Mary Adler, MSN, ANP-C, ACHPN Joan Cain, MSN, FNP-BC, ACHPN
This program has been created with the financial support of the Cambia Health Foundation’s Sojourns Scholars Leadership Program, and with administrative support from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association.
For more information and to obtain an application, contact:
Constance Dahlin, MSN, ANP-BC, ACHPN, FPCN, FAAN
Palliative Care APRN Externship Director
Cambia Sojourns Scholar 2016
Director of Professional Practice, Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association